Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fusilli With Tomato And Rice Vinegar Sauce

I've often pondered many ways to incorporate vinegar into my dishes without introducing an over-bearing flavor; the recipe you now see listed accomplishes just that. I'm a big fan of rice vinegar, and I feel that it is a great addition to this dish. As most of you know my forte is in European cuisine strapped with a strong Italian influence. Although my European roots may be the reason I carry this style of cooking, I'm also a big fan of reaching across ethnic cooking styles/ingredients and incorporating them into my creations. This dish isn't difficult to make and it's unique taste is truly rewarding. Give this dish a whirl, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Serves: 6-8
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes

Ingredients

2 cans (14 ounces) chopped plum tomatoes
4 sun dried tomatoes in olive oil - thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic - minced
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
1 pound of dried fusilli
3 tablespoons of rice vinegar
salt - to taste
pepper - to taste

coarsely shaved Parmesan cheese with baby spinach salad to serve

Preparation

Place the canned and sun dried tomatoes in a medium sized saucepan with garlic, olive oil, and sugar. salt and pepper to Season with taste. Bring to a boil while stirring, then simmer for 30 minutes uncovered until reduced.

No comments: