Monday, March 23, 2009

Fusilli with Tomato and Rice Vinegar Sauce

I've often pondered many ways to incorporate vinegar into my dishes without introducing an over-bearing flavor;the recipe you now see listed accomplishes just that. I'm a big fan of rice vinegar, and I feel that it is a great addition to this dish. As most of you know my forte is in European cuisine strapped with a strong Italian influence. Although my European roots may be the reason I carry this style of cooking, I'm also a big fan of reaching across ethnic styles/ingredients and incorporating them into my creations. This dish isn't difficult to make and cooking its unique taste is truly rewarding. Give this dish a whirl; I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Preparation

Place the canned and sun dried tomatoes in a medium sized saucepan with garlic, olive oil, and sugar. Bring to a boil while stirring, then simmer for 30 minutes uncovered until reduced.

Meanwhile cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dent.

Add the rice vinegar to the sauce and stir to make the sauce uniform. Cook for 2 minutes and then remove from heat, and season to taste.

Drain pasta and place into a bowl. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss.

Serve immediately with the baby spinach salad and shaved Parmesan cheese.

Enjoy your fusils!

No comments: